If you’re a Google Inbox user and just got the news that the service will be ending on March 2019, you’re probably thinking “where am I going to find an Inbox alternative?”. The good part is that we’ve got you covered and brought a Google Inbox alternative. So let’s see more of it together.
An idea that started in 2014, four years ago, Google Inbox was an innovative mailbox. Many thought it was a preview of what Google was going to launch next in matters of email, but (spoiler alert) the truth is they’ve certainly inspired the new look of Gmail on the best aspects of Google Inbox.
New Gmail is (almost) the new Google Inbox
Google has learned so many things in the process of designing and improving Google Inbox. The users’ feedback is a truly valuable asset that Google certainly took into consideration in order to learn from it and create a better solution. As Google itself states, the new Gmail should now replace Google Inbox .
You’ll see many parts of Inbox in the new Gmail, such as Snoozing messages, more integrated tasks and the interface itself — but far more:
New Gmail: what else is new
- Quick Replies: which, by an intelligent algorithm that understand the context of your message, predict what common answers could be given, and then it gives users some suggestions, with the ability to send them with just one click;
- A more intuitive calendar: although Google Calendar is been around for quite some time, many users don’t really make a good use of it. If you think about it, an email and a calendar make much sense together on the same screen, and this is what Gmail is about to launch;
- Larger offline support: many things you do offline on Gmail don’t have full support currently, Google promises to make it broader by July 2018;
- 2-Step Verification: for those concerned with security on their inboxes, another feature will bring SMS confirmation to login on Gmail — also in a simpler way;
- Extensions Support: the new version will keep most of current extensions working, which is awesome, so it won’t bother your work that might depend on these extensions.
However, having the new Gmail as an Inbox alternative has been questioned by several passionate users. Would the new Gmail be enough?
Drag: the missing piece in the new Gmail (Inbox alternative)
Our software doesn’t add any new logins/websites for your team. It works straight from your Gmail Inbox. All you need to do is download it here and activating it into your inbox by clicking the Drag’s switch. And that’s it, you’re ready!
At Drag, we want to provide the best service possible, so we’re gathering the best of many worlds:
- Shared inboxes
- Kanban in email
- Centralize work in one single place, no there is more need to access tens of different platforms everyday just to get your team to communicate efficiently.
By doing so, we allow your team to learn faster and have less questions about what’s new. We also centralize work, because we have Helpdesk/CRM functionalities and shared boards inside your email. Basically we change everything, but we keep it visually the same.
The Kanban view is also incredibly helpful. By making all emails pop up visually, you can instantly understand in which stage everything is, and so you can spend less time on your email.
The fact that Drag works inside Gmail decreases drastically the time to be invested to learn about a new tool. It also centralizes work, by allowing Helpdesk to be managed within the same space as emails and To Dos.
Drag starts and stays for free, but if you want to unlock its full power, prices start at $3/month/user. We believe that simple solutions make everything better for both sides because they decrease the amount of new information you need to learn something new.
Here are some other features you can add to your cards in a Kanban board:
- Delegation of tickets;
- Customer info, such as phone number and company;
- Progress bar;
- Due dates;
- Internal notes.
All of it. Right into your Gmail team inbox.
Google Inbox was an amazing service, and Google won’t settle down from it, which is why the new Google Gmail covers it up incredibly — and allows it to go the next step.
With extensions, you can do so much more of your email and productivity, so don’t take it for granted and try out what could be the ultimate solution for your team and company.
This is our attempt at sharing everything. It’s as simple as that You don’t have to be a customer to follow us.