Newton email has been an alternative for millions users for a few years. However, on September 25 it won’t stop its service. In their farewell letter, they mentioned how hard it it to make profit when competing with giants such as Google and Microsoft.
Indeed, a market such as email is highly competitive — trust us, we’re a part of it —, so business plans must be flawless and think about every aspect of the long-term.
But it’s ok, changes happen, if you’re a passionate user and is looking for a Newton mail alternative for your email, stick with us to know more:
Why was Newton mail great?
So, while it was available, Newton offered many incredible features that made it stand out from others. Some of them are:
- Read receipts – so you could see when your recipient got your message;
- Recap – if a message needed a follow-up, Newton would facilitate it by indicating the right message for you to check;
- Snoozing Messages – for when you want to clean your inbox of messages you will only need to deal later;
- Sending Later – for when you don’t want to send messages now (usually for time-zone differences.
Fortunately, Google Gmail has added some of these features and made itself easier to use (and more powerful).
New Gmail as Newton mail alternative?
So, while you were using Newton, you might not have noticed that Google Gmail has had some recent changes — many of which Newton had too —, so would the new Gmail be the best Newton mail alternative? Here’s what is new:
- A new look: Gmail’s current design has been around for quite a long time. Many people get really bored with it, which is why they frequently try different tools that provide more a appealing visual. With a new look, Google aims to get users back to Gmail’s website;
- Quick replies: which, by an intelligent algorithm that understand the context of your message, predict what common answers could be given, and then it gives users some suggestions, with the ability to send them with just one click;
- Snoozing messages: because sometimes you don’t want to see the email in your inbox right now, but instead just want to be reminded later on the same day, tomorrow, or even some other time;
- A more intuitive calendar: although Google Calendar is been around for quite some time, many users don’t really make a good use of it. If you think about it, an email and a calendar make much sense together on the same screen, and this is what Gmail is about to launch;
- Sidebar: In fact, more than just having a calendar available on the same screen, you can customize it, bringing other options, such as notes and tasks;
- Larger offline support: many things you do offline on Gmail don’t have full support currently, Google promises to make it broader by July 2018;
- 2-Step Verification: for those concerned with security on their inboxes, another feature will bring SMS confirmation to login on Gmail — also in a simpler way;
- Extensions Support: the new version will keep most of current extensions working, which is awesome, so it won’t bother your work that might depend on these extensions.
Drag: you won’t even remember Newton
Drag is a great Newton mail alternative. Our software doesn’t add any new logins/websites for your team. It works straight from your Gmail Inbox. All you need to do is download it here and activating it into your inbox by clicking the Drag’s switch. And that’s it, you’re ready!
At Drag, we want to provide the best service possible, so we’re gathering the best of many worlds:
- Shared inboxes
- Kanban in email
- Centralize work in one single place, no there is more need to access tens of different platforms everyday just to get your team to communicate efficiently.
By doing so, we allow your team to learn faster and have less questions about what’s new. We also centralize work, because we have Helpdesk/CRM functionalities and shared boards inside your email. Basically we change everything, but we keep it visually the same.
The Kanban view is also incredibly helpful. By making all emails pop up visually, you can instantly understand in which stage everything is, and so you can spend less time on your email.
The fact that Drag works inside Gmail decreases drastically the time to be invested to learn about a new tool. It also centralizes work, by allowing Helpdesk to be managed within the same space as emails and To Dos.
Drag starts and stays for free, but if you want to unlock its full power, prices start at $3/month/user. We believe that simple solutions make everything better for both sides because they decrease the amount of new information you need to learn something new.
Here are some other features you can add to your cards in a Kanban board:
- Delegation of tickets;
- Customer info, such as phone number and company;
- Progress bar;
- Due dates;
- Internal notes.
All of it. Right into your Gmail team inbox.
Newton Mail indeed delivered an incredible service, but changes don’t have to be hard things to do, which is why Drag makes it so simple to change and adapt. In fact, with only five clicks you can start organizing and sharing inboxes — and so much more.
So allow yourself to try a Newton mail alternative and learn from that to increase your team’s productivity. You’ll be surprised with the amount of things Google Gmail is capable of.
What you’ll learn inside Drag
Starting now, we’re aiming to share what our plans are, how we’re doing and what lessons we’re learning along the way.
▪ Just like this article, you’ll get real-time updates on what’s happening, what’s working and how it feels in a startup.
▪ Quick videos explaining quick wins and how to grow your business
▪ Live Instagram updates. Real-time stories of what’s happening
This is our attempt at sharing everything. It’s as simple as that You don’t have to be a customer to follow us.