Gmail. Itâ€™s always been like this. Your messages come to your inbox, you read them and thatâ€™s it. What else could we need, right?
So much more. MeetÂ Kanban in Gmail.
You should be aware that itâ€™s 2020, there are many things you can â€” and should â€” automate in your life, and there are tools that transform your email experience in several ways.
Kanban in Gmail is a trend that has gained a lot of traction – here is everything you need to know about it.
But what is Kanban?
Kanban is a task management system that was created originally to improve manufacturing efficiency.Â Proven successful in the automotive industry, it has expanded to several other industries such as software development – with tools such as JIRA -, project management – with tools such as Trello – and even CRM, – with tools such as Pipedrive.
Kanban works great and has many valuable attributes. It is:
- Visual, bringing a holistic view of tasks across different stages;
- Simple, breaking several tasks down into smaller and manageable pieces;
- Productive, allowing sorting and prioritization of tasks;
- And it just works.
It consists of multiple lanes in which tasks are organized and moved across.
TRY KANBAN IN GMAIL NOW
What you need to know about Kanban in Gmail
There are lots ofÂ Gmail tips available out there. But a few explore the power of applying Kanban in Gmail.
Why not use such a powerful task management system in your Gmail? After all, most emails are tasks and most tasks start as an email.
This is what you need to know to start using Kanban inside Gmail, to boost your productivity.
1. How does your Gmail layout change?
– Emails become cards.Â
Â Your list view turns into multiple lanes containing “cards” (that can be Emails or standalone tasks). Every email has a dedicated space that you can work freely in. Also, you can add notes or assign due dates to your emails.
– Tasks become cards:Â why do you need to have a task management app AND Gmail? By turning Gmail into a Kanban board, tasks will also become cards and be managed side-by-side to emails.
– Focus on what matters.Â By gaining the sense that important emails will need more attention, everything else turns into quick To Do’s. By using Kanban in Gmail, you can sort your Emails and tasks, prioritizing and dragging the most important ones to the top.
2. How do you use it?
There are different ways to turn Gmail into a personal Kanban. You can “improvise” with a Kanban board by using Gmail’s multiple inboxes features or you can simply install tools such as Drag to automatically turn Gmail into a Kanban board.
– Big task management tools such as Trello and Asana allow you to send emails from Gmail as cards on their external Kanban boards. But tools such as Drag work on the other way around, and bring the Kanban boards to right inside your Inbox.
3. For what Kanban in Gmail is useful?
Kanban boards meanÂ your emails can have much more information. Gmail doesn’t need to be only an Inbox. The flexibility of Kanban allows you to create multiple workflows across different Kanban boards, to keep track of multiple activities such as CRM, Helpdesk system, project management, and so on.
TRY KANBAN IN GMAIL NOW
4. You don’t need to change your whole interface
There are a few Gmail Kanban tools outÂ there. But they differ significantly from each other.
The more familiar web interfaces are, the easier it is to learn and get used to it.Â As other solutions have their interfaces, Drag seamlessly integrates into your Gmail inbox, so basically it remains as easy to use as it was before, but now you have so many more new features.
Everybody is trying to beÂ the best Gmail Kanban tool 🙂
Have kanban in your Gmail inbox.
Drag turns Gmail into your Team’s Workspace – One single place to support customers, manage tasks and close deals, from the place teams love: Gmail. We are a Techstars-backed Company, trusted by 30,000 users around the World.